ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Nuther one for the Z gurus to chew on. I've owned 2 240's (ironically 72's) and 2 280's (both 77's..huh). All of them have had a nasty habit of gassing the occupants with exhaust fumes during decceleration. Perhaps mixture is an issue, but I would like to keep the fumes out period, regardless of the oxegen content in it. The hatch seal is good on my latest 280, the fact that it only does it coasting in gear makes me wonder. Hmm. Personally, I've grown to associate that smell with Zcar's in general (to whit, I love it!), but my girlfriend whines, everytime I drive her around in it, that we're riding in a gas chamber... Any tips/suggestions ya'll?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I have heard that the seals around the tail lights can cause something like that.

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any hole in rear of vehicle will cause

A bad or worn rear hatch seal, taillight assembly seal, or simply a rust hole in the fenders, firewall and underbody will allow exhaust gases to be "sucked" into the cabin. It's always worse with the windows down because this creates an even stronger vacuum in the cabin (low pressure at windows pulls air in from other places around the car).

Get down and dirty and check for holes anywhere in your vehicle.

Alex

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
an often over looked hole is th ewater drain for the radio antenna, located directly below the antenna a rubber hose take water that drips down the antenna shaft and then out , even if your hose is in place see that it is attached properly to the bottom of the antenna, just plug hole if an aftermarket antenna is used

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.