Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Mighty Muffler today.....
Asked for a 2 1/2 exhaust. He (Adam, they're so customer friendly there...haha) said no can do. 2 1/2 won't fit on the stock manifold. THEN he said it would be 386.00 for pipe all the way and muffler. Minus cat converter, just saw it off.
Is this really expensive, because I think it is.
Now do i have to buy a header to get my bigger exhaust?
This sucks diddly ducks.
I think my clutch is slipping as well....If I put it to the floor in 4th, the rpms ramp up a bit, then come back down and THEN the car accelerates.
PLEASE tell me it's the clutch and not the transmission.....oh please oh please oh please

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yes and Yes, that exhaust is ridiculus and all he has to do is weld 21/4 on the stock manifold and use a pipe expander to step up to 21/2 then run the rest to the back. If the exhaust guy doesn't know that go somewhere else. I myself run 21/2 from a header to a flowmaster with no tip, and the whole setup cost me $100. Next I will get stainless tubing and spend $250. For almost $400 he better replace your slipping clutch while he's got the car jacked up doing the exhaust! The 21/2 will have a drone at cruising speed though, I like it but my car doesn't see much highway use. To test your clutch although I'm sure that's what it is: put the car in 4th at idle and just let the clutch out, not giving it any gas. The car should jump forward and die/stall, if it doesn't jump and slowly moves then stalls the clutch is definetly slipping.

BTW I got my exhaust done at Thrifty Muffler.

Good luck
Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The price he wants to charge you is absolutely ridiculous. When i put my header on, I took it to the shop... 100 bucks installed (i supplied the muffler)... They even threw in a free tip...

Brett

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm....
Even though this IS canada the price should be WAY cheaper, you're right.
I like the pipe expander bit....
what a dink! why do i find all these friggin numb-nutz
ANyway.
anyone know of a good, RELATIVELY inexpensive clutch?
motorsport?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.