ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever successfully plugged the hole in the exhaust manifold where the emissions control air pump pipe thingy plugs in? what did you use? If nobody has any suggestions will anybody sell me that pipe for real cheap?

·
Registered
559 Posts
so far a few of us are questioning if removing the EGR is more power...id think yes...but its questionable because the recirc of the EGR cools combustion..lowering Nox..im interested to see results/more comments on the matter

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i bought my car a few months ago and the guy had the exhaust cut off the car for some reason. I put it on but that there was that threaded hole in the exhaust just past the header where that metal pipe goes. I dont have this pipe, and the car sounds loud, but not in a cool way. I went to the junk yard to get that pipe but the only one they had was rusted to the car. I went to the nissan dealership and they wanted a couple hunders bucks for that stupid pipe. Im not looking for extra power or anything, i just want to plug the hole so the car doesnt sound stupid.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it looks like im gonna have to make something to plug it with then.... hope it passes emissions

·
Registered
559 Posts
NO EGR=NO PASS...simple.. the EGR was developed to circulate air back into the intake to lower combustion temperatures (dont ask i dont get it either). When the combustion temperatures are too high a gas called nitrogen oxide/nox is formed...bad for the enviroment yada yada...as hybrid said, the japanese could care less about the ozone and didnt use EGR...not to date i believe..but beyond this, having no EGR shouldnt make a difference in the sound of the exhaust..one thing that will make a difference is the type of muffler (if youre using one at all).. if you go cheap and end up with a cheap model of muffler that uses, what i think is fiberglass, it will sound like poo poo...getting a little bit more pricey will get you a muffler with a much better sound deadening material...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well theres a one inch diameter hole in the exhaust pipe right past the headers, maybe im confused here. Is this the EGR pipe or not? all i know is its a threaded hole, and from ZXs ive seen at junk yards theres a pipe that runs down into that hole. This is where the loud exhaust sound is coming from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.