ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 n/a and when i bught it i had to put the exhaust back on. The previous owner had the exhaust off to use on another ZX but decided not to use it. When he took it off he threw away the small pipe that leads from a fitting in the front of the engine compartment and that goes into the exhaust just after the headers. What does this do? Does it inject air into the exhaust? Do i need it? The nissan dealership wants $150 for this pipe (outrageous?) and i found them at the junkyard but theyre rusted to the exhaust, and i cant get them off. Auto Zone doesnt carry them. Do I need this pipe at all? What are the consequences of just plugging the hole. The exhaust sounds stupid like this and i need to fix this. Any ideas?

Post Edited (Aug 8, 3:18pm)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
it's the AIV fitting, basically there for emissions. If you have to worry about emissions, look around as you can find one for cheap from basically anyone parting a car out. If you don't have to worry about emissions, plug it at the exhaust and plug it at the intake, you should be fine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
**** emissions testing..... anybody out there parting out their zx?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool thanks a lot just curious how much for the turbos?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Are these the parts you need? eBay item # 7992049721 .

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah the pipe i need is like less than a half inch in diameter and four feet or so long, i was just asking the guy who is parting out his car if he was selling the turbos (I have an n/a) but i looked at the conversion instructions last night and decided im better of just selling my n/a and buying a tt. But in the meantime i need that pipe so i can pass emmissions and plug that **** hole in the exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.