ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I figured out how to insert a picture in a post. I know I know LOL if you wish.

Last week I became well versed in the ways of the AAR valve and took it off and did the FSM tests. It checked out pefect.

Tonight I am doing the Throttle valve switch. Which I also believe is refered too as the Throttle position sensor.... So while pulling off the bolt on the radiator side I noted that it was very tight. I go to remove the one on the other side of the bracket and it is like finger loose..?! So I take the thing off and find that there is a lot of pitting and rust that has developed on the back side of cover. So I believe this sensor has been vibrating a little and that has caused most of the pitting I believe. From the looks of it this is something that has been happening for a long time. Is this a possible vacuum leak as well or? I doubt it but will ask anyway.

So does the backing plate come off of this thing? It looks like I can use a screw driver and pry the cover off to inspect the internals...My goal no breakie cover.

Thanks...I have been trying to find the reason my car has a slight hesitation and hope that maybe I have found something tonight with the TPS...

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
if you drill out those two rivets on the TPS (the bottom of your picture), you can get the cover off without breaking it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ethan. I almost went for it. I guess I would have broken it. Glad I waited and glad you answered so quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.