ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to get a new exaust on my turbo and the car has stock zx muffler on it from prev. owner i know the muffler should have more flow how much? Not to the rice = too large huge opening loud like a weed eater muffler just good flow and looks ok? thank guys/girls

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Stock.....

Stock size for ZXT's are 2.5
But do yourself a favor and go with 3 inch. Your ZXT will love you for it since your gonna put another system in anyways :)

Donna

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: Stock.....

Yes, but how do you overcome the 2.5 down pipe that's on there? I heard new donepipes are very expensive. Are there any alternatives?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yes.... check your email :)

I have enclosed a pic for you if your worried about replacing your downpipe. Another alternative way.

Donna

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Take a look at this system I have designed for our cars. This will be the best you can get if you are willing to spend the money on it. http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt just click on the ehxaust page to check it out. I have dyno results you can look at also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A few weeks age I installed a three inch exaust. I bought a garrett flange that we welded on the cut downpipe. So I have a three inch downpipe, to a three inch exaust, and after the suspension it T's off to two three inch dynomax mufflers. Sounds grrrreat! The turbo spools up a lot faster too. Maybe I can use my friends digital camera to submit pic's.

Cost: $28 garrett flange
$30 dynomax 3" u bend
$275 3" piping and labor
$100 two dynomax 3" straight through mufflers... used/about 2000 miles in them.

$433

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.