ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year,

I have an 83 2+2 and i need to get rid of it. I would like to know the parts I can rip out and use on my 81 2 str. Stuff like the rack and pinion setup, which I believe would be a better way to go than the worm and ball on the 81 power steering. I 'm keeping the T-roofs and weatherstripping and doorglass and hatch from the 2+2 as well, as from what I can discern from the Vic. Brit Cat., these are are somewhat valuable to those "weirdos" (J/K) who like hte 2+2 style. Any help would be great. Thanks

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car was in a nasty bang up before I bought it, the front end is mashed in, the rad support is pushed towards the block causing all sorts of problems. It's also a rustbucket. These are the things I figure I'll be taking out to use in my 81.

-Motor (200,000km)
-Tranny(5 speed)

Those are the only things I am sure I can use.

Kevin
Vancouver B.C.

· Registered
323 Posts
You could use the bumpers from the 1983 2+2 and make your 81 look like an 82-83. Also, the hood is nice. Most people prefer the larger "turbo style" hood openings to the non-turbo 1981 hood.

The dash and seats should all work in your 1981 and I think the seats are different styles so you can pick your favorite one. The front fenders also will work on your 1981 but they may be damaged from your description. Oh, and maybe the hood...

The rear brakes are different but the front brakes may be the same. I'm not sure. i had a 1981 for a short time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.