ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an E-mail. Intrested in my car for a Magazine article!!! I got this email and this Doug guy said how he had seen my car on a few web forum sites, and thought what I was doing was real cool. Asked me a few questions, and wants to com to St.Louis to see it in person, Photograph it, and I guess do a write-up on it. Or it could be some theif. who knows. I told him I would let him know if I was intrested. Shouold I be worried about something like this? Could it be a scam for something? I just thought it was weird.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hmmm...I would look into it alittle maybe see if there is a web site or something or someone you can call and talk to more baout the mag I personally haven't heard of this mag but you never know! If it is legit that would be sweet!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have searched and came up with no info on this company or magazine, I wouldnt trust him.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well that sucks. :( Have you ever tried to send in some pics to Sport Compact Car or any of the other car mags? They might do something on your car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hybrid,

I think a member of our club in Tampa was contacted by Import Trends about 6 months ago for the same thing.

They have posted a few times in the Car Talk section. Search "Zrush" and you will see their e-mail addy. Nice people, shoot them an e-mail and ask them.

Post Edited (Aug 25, 5:34am)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Definitely be careful. You've put too much work into your zcar to fall victim to a scam. Do the research and be careful! I googled for:

"Import Trends" magazine

and I didn't come up with anything promising.

I searched zcar.com for "Zrush" and came up with two unrelated posts here on zcar.com.

I searched zcar.com entirely for "Import Trends" and came up with one reference to a company called "Performance Import Trends." I googled them and this company is a parts seller onlyand is not affiliated with a magazine.

BE CAREFUL! I haven't found anything here or through google that substanciates a legitmate business. Most maganizes have elaborate web sites so this is strange.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I say go for it. It could be a scam but it could be a new startup mag or something. Realistically what are they going to do? For your first meeting with them, make it infront of the police station or someplace like that. Bring some extra friends and keep a cautious attitude. If they seem and act professional, what's it going to hurt?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stu,

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear on my last post. ZRush is the person who was contacted by Import Trends Mag (I think) about 6 months ago.

I was telling Hybrid to send an e-mail to Zrush to find out if the person from Import Trends was legit.

Post Edited (Aug 25, 8:02pm)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
If they're a legit magazine, they shouldn't have any problems sending you to a website or even a sample copy of their magazine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.