ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal, i ran my 85 300zxt at the track after i got it, i pulled a 15.4. then i did a complete tune up, changed to cone filter, (some of yall will cringe at this part) cut a big ass hole in the nose creating a ram air effect on the filter, (it looks nice trust me) and got 3 inch exhaust from the turbo back no cats no muffler, im gonna put an innercooler, bov, and boost controller on next week. im gonna run 12 psi boost, with 105 octane at the track next fri, also its an automatic, so what do yall think ill pull in the 1/4 mile? ill post my results sat mornin.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
too bad you're investing all the $$$ in an Auto!!!! you might blow your tranny before finding out what all that work you're going to do will do for your time!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, i know its not forcing air but the thing that the "ram air" is doin, is alowing cooler more dense air into the engine, i know the turbo is gonna heat it up, but i bet the air after the turbo on my car will be cooler then intake air on a stock zxt. and y cant you people ever say positive things to others, and the tranny is fine, its brand fucking new, still under warranty, the automatics are plenty strong, and id rather have a automatic then a standard on a turbocharged car, cause on the standard u loose boost when u let off the gas to shift, so yeah, anymore jackass comments?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
sorry, but the law of thermodynamics states that the more dense air gets, the hotter it gets. That's why people get intercoolers with turbo cars. Also, nissan z31 automatics SUCK FATTY!!!!! Unless your autobox was built up, it's gonna let you down sometime in the future. Stick is the only way to go with more power.

·
Registered
657 Posts
NVracingZ31turbo:
I can definately see how the ram air would give you a better flow and fresher air because of the restricted air box area..... Your totaly right about the auto trans turbo mix but sorry to say, domdogg123 is totaly right too....... auto sux......... but hey thats your preference.....
good luck at the track this weekend.......... im guessin youll run a 14.7 as long as you shell the cash for the 105

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i prefer stick over auto but the fact is im no able to do a swap right now

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thats a pretty good time theres nothing wrong with an auto im to the point were I would rather have an auto but its hard to build one to handle it. I ran mid 13s with 15psi intercooler and with a jwt sport 350 on my old setup at 3000ft elevation my mph were 101.6. I havent run my new setup yet will soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.