ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd take it to a body shop, but snow/ice+Z=in the ditch!! So, from you experiences, what would be a rough estimate to paint my Z. Here goes. It would probably need to be stripped to the metal. It has only a couple of spots of rust on the body, other than the semi-badly rusted rockerpanels. Also, under the battery, it is all rusty. There is a rust hole in the frame rail? about the size of a credit card in the wheel well. But its in pretty good shape for almost NEVER being in the garage in its 22 years. It would get pretty good paint, not crap, not show quality. So, what would you guess?? 2,3,4 thousand?? Any input would be appreciated.

Tyler

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Tyler,
I had my '77 done two years ago. It was originally white and now it is Cadillac Pearl Red with a white racing stripe. The pearl paint cost extra, the stripe cost extra, the new windshield and hatch glass seal cost extra, the rust through on the hatch and around the gas filler cost extra, having a Motorsport Aero II ground effects kit installed cost extra, having small hail dents removed cost extra - total cost $2,500. Did not include painting the engine compartment. All glass was removed from the car, door & hatch panels removed and exposed inside surfaces were painted too. Shop around - I had quotes of up to $4,000 to have this done.
Phantom

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> Tyler,
> I had my '77 done two years ago. It was
> originally white and now it is Cadillac
> Pearl Red with a white racing stripe. The
> pearl paint cost extra, the stripe cost
> extra, the new windshield and hatch glass
> seal cost extra, the rust through on the
> hatch and around the gas filler cost extra,
> having a Motorsport Aero II ground effects
> kit installed cost extra, having small hail
> dents removed cost extra - total cost
> $2,500. Did not include painting the engine
> compartment. All glass was removed from the
> car, door & hatch panels removed and
> exposed inside surfaces were painted too.
> Shop around - I had quotes of up to $4,000
> to have this done.
> Phantom

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that doesn't sound too bad. I'll need all new glass, new weather striping, and I like the Motorsport Aero kit with the front air dam/bumper, rear bumper, ground effects. Painting the engine compartment isn't high on my priority list. I've got $3500 burning a hole in my savings account so what the ****. I can't take it with me!! Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
> Tyler,
> I had my '77 done two years ago. It was
> originally white and now it is Cadillac
> Pearl Red with a white racing stripe. The
> pearl paint cost extra, the stripe cost
> extra, the new windshield and hatch glass
> seal cost extra, the rust through on the
> hatch and around the gas filler cost extra,
> having a Motorsport Aero II ground effects
> kit installed cost extra, having small hail
> dents removed cost extra - total cost
> $2,500. Did not include painting the engine
> compartment. All glass was removed from the
> car, door & hatch panels removed and
> exposed inside surfaces were painted too.
> Shop around - I had quotes of up to $4,000
> to have this done.
> Phantom
Phantom,
Do you have any photos of this car? I just got a 78' and do not like the big bumpers. I have the Motorsports catalog but the vehicles they show are the 79'-83' and don't have the bumpers like ours and I can't tell much about them. Do you know what the rear of the Aero III kit looks like? Any info would be great.. Thanks.
Jim 78' & 86'
DFW TX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.