ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my car has been running in tip-top shape for the longest time. Yesterday I had my car up on a rack cause i was rebuilding the rear calipers, replacing rotors and pads and bleeding all four brakes. When I was done bleeding, I turned the car on and let it idle so i could test the feel of the pedal. It was at this time that I noticed the engine was idleing a bit funny. usually it stays exactly at 700, or 950 when the lights or a/c is on. Instead, it was hopping around between 650 and 850 and vibrating a little rough.

I ignored it that day cause i was tired, but this morning when i took the car off the rack to drive it, it seemed to lack a bit of power and when i stopped in a parking lot the car was still idleing funny. I went home, checked for vacuum leaks, unusual noises, or anything wrong but turned up absolutely nothing.

I drove the car to work and it seemed to lack power on the freeway. I drove it really easy on the way home, but when i got to my house all problems seemed to be gone. anybody have any ideas what i should look at? Keep in mind that about 6 months ago i did a full tune up: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, o2, belts, timing belt, timing, pcv valve, and more recently a brand new FPR. there are no vacuum leaks, all new vacuum lines... i just can't figure out why it would be acting funny and only periodically..

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If you notice that it only does it when it's cold then it could be the auxiliary air valve; this is bypassed when the car heats up so if you only get this problem when the car is cold that could be it. Just a guess...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Where is that cold air valve located?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.