ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to adjust the idle setting on my 83 280zx so many times it is driving me crazy.

I have it set to where it bounces from idling 1000-500 rpm. Most of the time it stays around 750 rpm. I am starting to think that I have a bad injector somewhere, but the guy I bought it from said that he just replaced them all. I also have one other concern....my oil pressure gauge. The car is running within normal temperatures, but I get some weird readings on that gauge. Sometimes @idle the gauge will go way down below the first line, almost to zero. Then sometimes @highway speeds, 70-80mph, it will do the same thing. However, if you give it a little gas it will bounce around. It sounds like a bad gauge to me, should I even worry with it??

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have no problem setting the idle on my 81 to about 700 - 750, but mine does vary +/- 50 or 100 rpm when warm. Not as bad as yours, but maybe we have similar problems. Do you experience hesitation or surging upon acceleration? I replaced my fuel filter and it helped a lot, but there is still some hesitation. I am still fighting this problem.

From my reading, these problems seem often to be in the emission controls system. Check your TVV, EGR, BCDD valves, your air regulator (not the problem here I think), your exhaust gas sensor, and look for vacuum leaks.

Good luck,
Darryl
81 280zx 2+2, m

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.