ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who would outflow who? engloids 400-600 dollar intake, or nissan vg30e pathfinder intake port matched to heads and lower intake?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would be so expensive about that pathy intake? it bolts right on, and i have the ability to machine the surfaces of the intake to fit under my stock hood.. what else would have to be done? when i get to the intake on the motor im building, the t.b. connections will be redone anyway for the intercooler, so there is really no money spent there...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Need the distributor, distributor hold down,,new cap, rotor, plug wires, thats about $75-120 for the distributor, New rotor, cap, and a decent set of wires are about $100, there's $200, The intake will be about $100-150. Plus it will not clear your hood with the machining. Johnzboy is the only one I know whith this mod and a working non rigged hood, and he had to machine it, and use a $450 carbon hood/with a cowl. You have to build block off plates , and spend money for all the coolant fitting relocation. I guess the differance in money is not worth all the extra effort if I can find an Engloid one that just bolts on.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i understand that.. im building this motor over time so i can gather parts over time.. the pathy intakes are alot easier to find.. and as far as plugs,wires,cap and rotor, all that is getting replaced anyway, as its a new engine. i see where your coming from, but i think there would be more performance from a port matched pathy intake.. it has longer and smoother runners... i would like to hear from someone that can verify this.. as i havent run either intakes, so i really dont know.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Im in the same boat as you pav not knowing which one to get, and the the engloid intake would probably be along time before I would find one anywhere so I will probably cut the top off my own intake and gut it myself. and somebody tig weld it a top plate back on. By the time I waited for one I could have done my own...

·
Registered
94 Posts
As for the original question, I am not sure as to which flows better, but I do know that they have different characteristics. The engloid manifold has the shorter runners from our car so it has a little more low end. The pathy has longer runners therefore more top end. Like I said, I don't know flow numbers, but this is something else to be considered.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wouldnt the long runners make the low end? hence the long runners on small 4cyl cars and the short single plane intakes for higher rpm v8s.. im not real sure..

·
Registered
782 Posts
No if you look in a summit magazine the taller the intake the higher the rpm range so you would get more topend from long runners.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah your right.. had to think back on tunnel ram intakes and high rpm four bangers...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeh I have this 327 small block and went from a rpm performer intake to a strip dominator intake alot taller and my rpms went from 6300 to 7000. Ended putting the old intake back on cause I like the torqe better. I still have this car but it only runs 13.80s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.