ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
How much money? Right now im making me a custom sheet metal intake should look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
880 Posts
id hand out 200 bucks a pop without thinking twice about it if someone could make me a good flowing intake.. and thats using an intake i supplied for the build. possibly more .. but you get the idea. also i would like to see some flow charts/ dynomometer runs.

good luck, and please someone~ make a good intake we can afford.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yeah I wouldnt have a problem paying for one if I could a hold of one for under 300, but like pavementpounder said I want dyno charts first to make sure im getting a better flowing intake.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yes totally...remember, you have to spend money to make money.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I would if it was proven to work. I would spend 400-600 but less would be better. Also if you have the skills and tools to do this kind of work you could probably make bank making them for the 70-83 Z's too. Again I would buy one of those too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
ME too!! between 200-300 would be very nice and would really entice me into buying one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The procedure I would use would be very very similar to what engloid does IE: Milling out the insides, enlarging the individual cylinder ports and the throttlebody port, for more money I could finish sand and polish the insides, mill off and weld up unwanted hookups such as EGR and air valve, or anything else you want done within reason. After it is all welded up I will pressure test them around 50psi to check for any leaks over a given amount of time. What I cannot do, is get a dyno or any flow charts test done right away, but I will garentee you a far more superior flowing manifold, and if you find otherwise I will refund all of your money.

As far as price goes for a basic job done I was thinking somewhere around 375 if you send me your plenum.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well im not sure which one of u guys i should use a "test mule" ill have to let u guys decide because im only going to do one at a time.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Ibetween the two of us I would have to give my vote to Hybrid, his car is was more sooped up and he'll notice the difference in power more than I would, plus he is a cool guy ;-)

HOWEVER, if he says it's a go, I want the first one you make after that, deal????

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would be interested if the price is a bit lower but I'm curious how long would it take approximately between shipping/work?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.