ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When swapping an engine, what are the laws regarding this? Does the donnor car have to be the same year or newer? I had this idea of putting my brothers V-6 from his mustang into my Dastsun 210. Anyone else think this would be cool?!? I'm pretty sure the engine compartment would be long enough, but I don't know about the width. I havn't really looked into it. I have a friend that is a welder and my brothers mustang is just sitting in his drive way collecting dust. It sure would be different. I know the A series engines a reliable, is there some way I can get more then 65 HP out of it(cheaply) whithout ruining it and keeping it I/M legal?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> When swapping an engine, what are the laws
> regarding this? Does the donnor car have to
> be the same year or newer? I had this idea
> of putting my brothers V-6 from his mustang
> into my Dastsun 210. Anyone else think this
> would be cool?!? I'm pretty sure the engine
> compartment would be long enough, but I
> don't know about the width. I havn't really
> looked into it. I have a friend that is a
> welder and my brothers mustang is just
> sitting in his drive way collecting dust. It
> sure would be different. I know the A series
> engines a reliable, is there some way I can
> get more then 65 HP out of it(cheaply)
> whithout ruining it and keeping it I/M
> legal? I'm pretty sure that kind of stuff varies from state to state. It may even depend on the county depending on emissions laws. Personally the only thing I'd swap a fart engine to is a dumpster.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was just an idea I had. Don't think I'd actually do it though. FART engine describes them well! My 89 Found On Road Dead Ranger died after onl 95,000 miles. I changed the oil and filters and drove the Datsun harder than it. Now burns about to quarts of oil on a tank of gas and barley runs. It backfires through the intake. Can't even sell it for what I owe on it and the landlord was complaining about it sitting there collecing dirt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.