ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to swap my engine, but i dont want to put in a 350 or any other v8. I want to put in a 2jz-gte engine (toyota supra twin turbo). I was wondering if ne one has done that before or if it is even possible. Thanx for ne replys in advance.

83 280zx

· Registered
7,392 Posts
I've never seen or heard of it done before, heard people talk about wanting to do it and that abut it. I guess it would be just like any other engine swap you need to make motor and tranny monuts adapt the drive shaft swap in all the wiring harness in, exhaust, possibly bigger fuel lines and pump.
Sounds easy but theier alot of other stuff you gotta consider like, will it fit in the engine bay(ive heard supra motors are tall motors), if its oilpan is a front or rear sump(you need front), were the turbo sits because it might get in the way of something(like the steering shaft), will the shifter come out close to the stock location, will the tranny fit in the transmission tunnel, theris probably a few other things I might have left out. That applies to just about any motor you wanna put in, no one has done this swap before(on this forum anyway) maybe you can be a pioneer and be the first.

If thats too much for you and you want a I-6 turbo go the tried and proven L28ET route.

Am I the only person who responds to swap questions?

Justin T
1980 280ZX

· Registered
177 Posts
way to go.. you got my slobberin'!!

if you can do that.. that would be tight..

and the cool thing is.. the supra is a st 6 too..

i call the MKIV supra my fav REAL car.. cause its newer.. and A LOT more expensive.

do you have a Supra engine??
if so... whered you get it?

Worshipping Supras Forever,
Justin

· Registered
4 Posts
A Toyota 1JZ has been done into a 240Z here in Aus, the problems were:

- Fitting the exhaust on the 'other' side of the car (USA's passenger side)
- Adapting the 7M-GTE (early Supra) 5 speed (because the later Supra manual boxes are very expensive) which included custom flywheel, and clutch slave cylinder moved to the 'other' side (USA's driver side)

Otherwise, the engine mounts and gearbox crossmember were custom fabrications, the radiator, ECU and intercooler were all fairly standard fare. It produces 244kw at the flywheel on 1bar with Haltech management and stock (sequential) turbos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.