ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had that little bent heater hose way up inside of the motor go bad on me and I thought I could fix it. Long story short I was a little off on the timing belt(man I thought I had it for sure) and bent some valves. Mechanic says it's easier to put a different motor in(or at least close) than to fix this one. I've decided to do the turbo swap. I have an 86 n/a auto. I think I've found a motor on the internet with only 22k. however this doesn't get me the other parts I need(like cross member). I guess my question is, will my automatic tranny handle the turbo motor? or do I have to add that to my list? Is it better to rebuild the tranny or get a diff one? TIA. Do I need to swap steering racks also or did I read THE BIG ONE'S walkthrough wrong? TIA

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Your auto tranny will not hold it for long. You can either get your Auto built up ($$$$) or swap in the manual. With the engine out, it should make it a little easier.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just had my heads done and all it cost me was 245.00 . That was with a pressure test and milling 50/1000 of an inch and I took the heads off and put them back on by myself .First time ever working on the heads of a car. Long story short I got it done in three days and I'm back on the road again .the only other cost was the gasket set whick I found on-line for 75.00 including shipping from great britian.

·
Registered
662 Posts
84zxowner:

Could you please put a link up to the place that you got your gasket set...
I'm in the UK and I need a full gasket set for my rebuild.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
you could get a head gasket set off of autozone.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.