ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got the radiator today and I was looking at the JDM VG30 and there is no cap like on the N/A motor right out front just a rubber hose...anyway can I swap the piece from the N/A motor onto this motor or is there an easier way to get a radiator cap on there?

88hybrid...well guess it started to get fun now:) lol

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You should just swap all of the N/A hardware onto the JDM engine, If you can get me a pic , it would be easier to help. You probably have the Maxima style upper/ lower intake. Ect..Ect.. I never attempted to use that intake, I just used the long block only.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that was what I was thinking. Only thing is Iwas gonna sell that motor to a guy for 500 buck but with me still pulling parts off it I dont think I will get that much now:( Guess Ill have to save alittle more for my wheels:)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Well Im sure it can be done.. Adding a radiator cap somewhere in the system would be pretty easy.. Get a 4-5 inch long peice of 2" aluminum tubing, Kinda like intercooler pipe are somthing like that. Go to a pick and pull with a hacksaw, and cut off the neck where the cap is off a Z31. Remove the cap neck at its base. Cut a hole is the side of the pipe, shape the cap base, and weld it on (or have a machine shop do it) Wont cost hardly a thing. Make that peice, and put it between the motor and the radiator, wala ..radiator cap

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well think I am going to take off the radiator cap piece from the intake manifold seems to be the easiest thing to do right now. I know I will have a ton of questions for you 88hybrid:) My plans are to swap out the T3 for a T3/T4 but I will probabaly become obsessed with more boost and want more and more and more. mwhahahaha!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well just got the Radiator Cap and assembly off the N/A motor there was two bolts holding it to the Manifold wasn't to bad to get off other than manipulating the hose to get it out from behind the cam gear cover and fuel preusser regulator. Now once that is on and ready I will be splicing in an oil cooler for the turbo and goign to get new Turbo exhuast manilfold bolts to bolt on the turbo(bought the wrong ones) and getting that all hooked up once that is done i will make sure I have everything I need to drop it in to the Z! God I can't wait to have this thing up and running!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.