ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've an automatic 86NA; used for tooling around town during warm months. Lately its been riding kind of rough. Noticed when I start it, when in Park, it seems to be upshifting and downshifting and then when I put in Drive and accelerate , there's delay and then it engages and speeds up. Once its going it's smooth, but when I reach 55+, it seems to be hesitating.... hope this makes sense... any ideas??
Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Chezam above could be on the right track.

Check your vacuum line from vacuum intake to your modulator valve on trans. Pull the line at the mod valve, check presence of a good strong vacuum. Check the mod valve for a broken diaphragm.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It could also be the O2 sensor, since it is really only used at higher speeds on our Z's. check the harness to see if its melted, mine was.

·
Registered
958 Posts
There is always a bit of a delay with automatic transmissions. about a .5 second delay. Its computerized. I havn't seen an automatic transmission yet where i could floor it and have it actually react. You can floor an automatic transmission and immediatly take your foot off the gas and it will have done nothing.

Anyway, perhaps the problem would be easier to diagnose if you were to tell us exactly what happens be4 it stalls. Does it stall when you come to a stop? give us some detailz plz.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks All.... I'll do some things and keep you posted. I also checked the archives here and ran across a thread..." Hesitation/Surge Nearly Gone!!!" The discussion captured some of my same start-up symptoms and cited a corroded/bad ignition coil as possible source. Do any of you use any type of injectors cleaners in your 86NAs or other?

Thanks Again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.