ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, instead of getting the new motor, it turns out mine isn't bad enough to need it. We're just going to get new rings, pistons, etc and fix the bottom portion of the engine, considering the heads are already completed. When it threw the timing belt, turns out it also damaged all of my oil rings.... ALL of them :( . Which would explain the lovely lovely blue smoke that poured from the back, lol. But ok, to the question : Where is the cheapest place to buy pistons, rings, mains, etc? I looked in the Victoria British mag (The new one with the shiny red 240 on the front :) ), and they sell the pistons with rings for 199.99, and for funding purposes, was wondering if anywhere else is cheaper. Thanks guys, I'm about to get my Z worked out.... OH YEAH, and before I go, the knuckle on my steering where it joind to the rack and pinion is wore out and caused the car to get way out of line. I went to Nissan and they said that the whole thing is one piece and wanted over 200 dollars? If thats true, this is going to be a junkyard venture, lol. So many things to fix before I get to drive my Z... *sigh* Depressing I tell you. Thanks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Try Motorsport 800-633-6331 (www.zcarparts.com). They have stock replacement pistons for $63.08 US each and the rings for $122.55 US. That is $185.63. They also have performance pistons but don't list the price. There is a good Z junkyard in Tenneesee called the Z Barn (www.zbarn.com). They have over 400 Z's in the junkyard and will remove the piece you want and mail it to you for a very reasonably charge. These sites were invaluable with my complete restoration on my 85 Turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.