Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

Just wondering if anyone is using an aftermarket engine management system. Top end performance offers Haltech. Is anyone using that? Do you think it's worth buying another engine harness or should i go with the Haltech?

Joe T.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I saw Tec II on 280zxt. Car was real smooth. How about SDS? They are cheaper and I hear that they are good

·
Registered
195 Posts
My experience is to buy whatever from a dyno tuner who you are confident in. He is the one who has to tune the engine so listen to what he has to say.

My choice was a MoTec, bought from a dyno tuner who does racing engines and has a very good reputation. I have heard that Haltec are good but a bit slow and difficult to set up and tune. All things being equal, I prefer MoTec.

If you have some electrical skills, you can buy the harness and sensors that the EMS maker uses or recommends and wire/instal it all to save some money. Then get it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
383 Posts
here is the deal...

SDS....1000(about)
Halteck.....1100
Tech II.......1400
MoTech....(too much for me) like 3-4grand depending on what you want.

its really up to the person and what they like. The Tech II is pretty easy to tune, plus you can open up more than just one window on the lap top screen...another bad thing...you have to have a lap top to tune.
Haltech, its pretty good thats what i am running. So i can be a little biased. It has functions like turbo time, boost controller, extra injector controller, etc. has a lot of functions...i like it, only can open one window at a time though, and you have to have a lap top to tune.
SDS good bang for the buck. you dont need a lap top to tune...thats the best thing about it, plus if you decide to go with coils it already comes with them.
Motech...?? dont know its always been too much for me.
later
brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.