ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me someone. I have noticed a big powe loss lately. When i first start moving in first, its like the car doesn't know what is supposed to be doing. It barely moves. I almost got creamed by a tractor trailor the other day on my way home from High Schoool. I need to fix this. I know that this car should have more power than this. It is even losing passing power... How can a correct this. I have already replaced: dis. cap, plugs, wires, injectors, fuel filter, airfilter, what could this problembe?? I mean it has no power until the engine revvs up. When i take off its like put.. put.. then it goes quick
i don't undastand. The problem isn;t nearly as bad once the engine warms up. Also when it is muggy (after rain or foggy) this happens.

PLEASE HELP

simon
82 280zx 2+2 GL non-turbo w/ T-TOPS

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have a similar problem, but I've postponed working on that 'til I replace my exhaust manifold. Mine seems to run better once the engin is hot and the exhaust manifold has warp back into position. I don't think replacing it is going to fix everything. Got a feeling my air flow meter is due for replacement.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! have you checked your timing? the guy across the street had the same problem the light would change before he could get across the intersection with the pedal to the floor. then it would take off. the screw had follen out of the distributer and let it turn back. i put a screw in it and set the timing , now it flys.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have you checked your fuel injecters to see if they are clogged. This may be the problem. Try taking it to your local machanic and having them test it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.