ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys as posted earlier I have my valve covers off and discovered alot of sludge-even after an oil change 500miles ago. A mechanic here in Winston Salem told me to drain the oil and spray everything down with brake cleaner or even use kerosene, then let it just drain out of the oil drain-what else can i do?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
never heard of that. wait till the real experts chime in here but when I bought my SS its oil was black so I took it to have its oil changed and had them do a engine flush, which involed them pouring something into my engine, running it for 5 minutes, then draining it. then doing the oil change. hope that wasnt a waste of money. lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thant is a good idea but it only remove the surface sludge, not the stuff that get around the valve, seals and pistons. I have heard of this stuff call auto RX. www.autorx.com.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
the best stuff is actually used by Nissan, go there, it's a two step, first you add a bottle before you change your oil, let it idel for 15 minutes, drain everything and then add the second bottle and drive for 3000 miles until you do the next oil change.
good stuff

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
red, I believe you, but why is seafoam getting all the attention and not this?

PS whats your personal experience with this. like how did it improve your cars?

PPS someone said on another board its simply kerosene

Post Edited (Mar 31, 12:03pm)

·
Registered
559 Posts
k so hold on.... you drain the oil...then pour kerosene into the engine oil filler.... just makin sure i dont wanna blow the **** outta my car...but wait what about the remnants of kerosene in the engine isnt kerosene flamable...could anything possibly be harmed if remenants of kerosene ignited??

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm using a pint of kerosene before each oil change...put it in the old oil and run at a fast idle (1200?) for 15 minutes before draining. Oil pressure only drops a few lbs.

·
Registered
559 Posts
well **** its kerosene itll take the skin off your **** arm in 15 mins....exaggeration i spose...but ya im gunna agree with red october for this one and i deffinetly need some proof from someone WHOS DONE IT BEFORE AND HAD RESULTS...before i blow my **** self 20ft in the sky...as the fire marshalls balls drop hearing i filled my 300 with kerosene...greeeeeeeeeat idea

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.