ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine Dies when car reaches 1/4 on temp gauge replaced fuel pump, when pump cool car keeps running, car also runs rich

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
> Engine Dies when car reaches 1/4 on temp
> gauge replaced fuel pump, when pump cool car
> keeps running, car also runs rich

JH,
So which Z car are you talking about and does it have a stock engine?
On the 280Z and ZX fuel injected models there are all sorts of engine management and emissions devices that will cause your problem(s). Be more specific. Give as many details as you can. Folks on this forum are smart & experienced but few are clairvoyant.
Phantom.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> JH,
> So which Z car are you talking about and
> does it have a stock engine?
> On the 280Z and ZX fuel injected models
> there are all sorts of engine management and
> emissions devices that will cause your
> problem(s). Be more specific. Give as many
> details as you can. Folks on this forum are
> smart & experienced but few are
> clairvoyant.
> Phantom.

I also am having similar priblems to that of jh.
I have 77 280z. love it to death but Iam afraid it is about to die. My car acts as if it is not getting proper spark to burn the fuel. After it dies if I let it sit for a while it will usually start right up with a little help from the gas pedal. It sounds as if un burnt fuel is getting in the exhuast manifold and then burning.
When it does run after it warms up it is slugish. about a year ago i took it to a local garage, and they told me that it was fuel fowling plugs. I think it could be the mapping in the cars puter has screwed up for some reason.
I asked at a local autoparts store about a new MAF they had no evidence that there is one on a 77 280. so i figured that it another way of measuring amount of air that is going into the engine.

Now I am rambling sorry it is so long if anybody has any info on my problem it would greatly be appriciated.

Thanks Scott
p.s. my e-mail address is ([email protected])

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.