ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was hoping somebody could give me a clue as to why my car failed emissions...i've recently tuned it up and my oil was changed bout 2 1/2 months ago..guess i should change it again but i dont think it would help THAT much but i dont know..neway i used mobil 1 if that means anything...heres my results:
RPM at reading: 723
HC (ppm) reading: 1033 Standard: 220
CO (%) reading: 6.18 Standard: 1.2
CO2 (%) reading: 8.52

i passed everything else in the inspection...even tho they didnt look at anything else....based on those numbers, is there any one thing that would stand out above anything else...i thought i'd put new plugs in it, put some high octane gas in it and some of that Guaranteed To Pass stuff in it and dog the crap out of it before i get it inspected....its what i did last year but last year my HC was 400 and change.....not....a thousand....
_James_

·
Registered
567 Posts
make sure all your firing on all 6 cyls. Pull your catalytic converter and check that out as well. Check out your sensors(You can run ecu codes and see if there is a trouble code pointing to a sensor), Perhaps the o2 sensor. Does the car run rough or smooth at idle? Start ruling out everything and see what problem you narrow it down to. Your lucky though. Over here In CA the limit for HC's is 150 ppm.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the car runs fine at idle...it has a slight miss at idle but its not noticeable at all...timing might be off by a tooth or somethin..car runs real good..that help any?
_James_

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.