ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fuel indicators and engine temp(electronic) have gone out. The speedometer and tach are ok. Any body have an idea what has gone out. My Mechanic said I would have to replace the whole electronic dash console!! I think he is wrong and doesnt want to fool with it. I hope some body has had the problem before and what did you do to resolve it many thanks...........

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Possible Culprit...

Check the printed circuit board behind your instruments, the one which has to be removed to take your digital clock out of the dash.

This circuit board is to the right of the glove box, which has to be removed to gain access to it. The circuit board is very brittle and costs about $80, so I recommend you use a dentist's mirror and a pen light to look it over before you attempt to get it out.

As I recall, a single screw holds it in place on the right side, the side nearest the glove box opening; and the board slides under a flange which secures it on the opposite side, the one closest to the steering wheel. If you attempt to bend this board at all, it will break and become permanently trashed. It's made out of a composition material similar in structure and consistency to a Dorito.

If the circuit board is cracked, broken or otherwise damaged, it will cause the failures you describe. You should be able to tell if it's damaged by visual inspection. Good luck.

·
Registered
787 Posts
When I Rebuilt my engine I forgot to hookup a ground on the block and it blewout my digital dash just like you described.
This is what you need to do:
first thing remove the digital dash.
next take it apart (remember where the screws go).
then remove the right side with the speedometer tach and water temperature.
turn it around to the back side of the board you will see a fuse there I forget what size it is but I think it's around .5 amps. The fuse is soldered in so you have to heat it up with a soldering iron and a pair of needle nose pliers (because it is in a tight spot).
The new fuse will have to soldered back in.
After you installed the new fuse put the dash back together and make sure you don't have a ground off on the passenger side of the engine block.

Hope this helps you out.
Russell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.