ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey man,

lots of people have these problems with the dash, i have an 84 and 86 turbo, both of them worked fine then slowly flickered out. under the dash where your right knee would be if you are driving is a little 4x5x1" or so box with 2 wire connectors in it, this is the power supply unit to the dash... there are a lot of problems with the connector in this box remaining soldered to the board, some people get by just jiggling it around a little or using contact cleaner, but if some of the pins on the connector aren't soldered anymore then it will always be a problem...

as far as replacing the part goes, the dealers want about $400, junkyards have been telling me anywhere from $150 and up, but this guy (www.geocities.com/wildbill300zx) has a knack for rebuilding the units and will send you a refurbished unit for $50 plus $5 shipping if you send your old one in, or $100 alone... You can also pay $75 plus $5 shipping and get your $25 back after you send the old one in if you don't want to part with it until you have the other one. hope this helps, i am sending both of my units to this guy.

steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.