ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the replacement process of the brain or electronic control unit (ECU) in my car, I noticed after taking off the shield to the ECU nearby the plug that two white wires with bullet connectors were disconnected. They were both curled together behind the shield, but they were disconnected. Upon attempting to reconnect them, I noticed that they both appear to be male bullet connectors; therefore, I think that they cannot be connected to each other? The problem is that I did not notice any other wires that these white wires connect to. My car will not start and I'm wondering if these white wires are the reason why my car will not start?

Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated. Based on my review of the Haynes manual, there is no indication that bullet connector wires should even be present with the ECU that require connection. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Electronic Control Unit & White Disconnect

> During the replacement process of the brain
> or electronic control unit (ECU) in my car,
> I noticed after taking off the shield to the
> ECU nearby the plug that two white wires
> with bullet connectors were disconnected.
> carl,
don't worry about the white wires. they don't connect to anything on the car. i believe they are a connection for the dealerships diagonostic equiptment.
mike

·
Registered
46 Posts

I was wondering what those things went to also. Ive been told by the dealership that older z's were not made to run diagonistic checks on, with the computer and all. Anyways, mine arent hooked to anything and mine starts.

·
Registered
70 Posts

> I was wondering what those things went to
> also. Ive been told by the dealership that
> older z's were not made to run diagonistic
> checks on, with the computer and all.
> Anyways, mine arent hooked to anything and
> mine starts.

Thanks for the information! Carl :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts