ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

electrical problems

770 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rogerz 
#1 ·
hello all i hope you dont mind that i pick your brains, but i have an 84 300zx the 50th anniversary model. when i got her the digital dash wouldnt turn on until i hit about 3000 rpm's, same with the turn signals and everything else.... later i realized it was a fusible link replaced that part so now the electronics work except for the digital dash which doesnt turn on at all now. also since ive replaced the fusible link my on the fly adjustable suspension has bin blinking on and off so i know its not working but confused as to how its not working after i just replace one part.
my main question is that when i have the battery plugged in and engine off there is a constant clicking coming from one of my links (its the one that is right next to the battery [according to the wiring diagnostics it should be the eccs system i think] ) i replaced the part but its still clicking and draining the battery.
now i know that this isnt the best description i could give and i have no picks at this time but any advise from what i have given you would be very helpful thanks.

#2 ·
If you could write a little more coherently it would help. fusible links don't click - relays do. Your battery drains because something is grounded or on (like a light or a radio). the digi dash power supply might have gone south but more likely not getting power. download the fsm and study the electrical schematic for insight. If you take them to kinkos they can blow them up to 11x17 and makes it much more readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.