ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<HTML>I ran into a problem tody, It satrted when I was driving I took a corner a little harder than usual the car lost all power for about half a second then it drove normal after words got home shut the car off. went back less than 20 minutes later turned the key the volt meter droped fom the normal 14 all the way down past the 6. later got a jump it saterted back up perfectly left it drove it around for an hour or so. came back shut the car off then tried to start it again fired right up, al ittle later tried again complely drained the battery again. any ideason what caused this or how to fix it? the thing I could see wrong was the postive termanal was broken like has been for the 6 months, I going to replace it in the morning what else should I do?

thanks
justin '80 280ZX</HTML>

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<HTML>Repairing the bad cable terminal may fix the problem, be sure to clean off any corrosion on both. Be certain the battery is properly secured so that during cornering the positive terminal isn't raising up to contact the hood/fender or sliding enough to contact the battery hold-down bracket. If you're using the stock hold-down, it may need a little tweaking to properly clear the positive terminal. If you're using an aftermarket hold-down, it can often allow the battery to slide left and right to a significant degree and contact the positive terminal.</HTML>

·
Registered
830 Posts
<HTML>Are you replacing the battery or the cable? If the battery has a loose post, start with that. If the cable is broken, replace it. If the car starts OK with a jumpstart, thats probably the problem.

Let us know what happens

Chrome</HTML>

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<HTML>I didnt think of the battery hitting the hood, thats something else I need fixed one of the metals peices are missing on my stock battery tie-down thing so its basicly just sitting in there. and I replacing the piece the connects the cable to the battery.

thanks for the help

justin

</HTML>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.