ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beatiful 1987 Z has encounter its first ever major problem.
my battery is being drained by something in the electrical system.
sometimes its 1-3 hours, then it won't start.

Here is a list of thisngs I have done to isolate problem.
the following parts are all new.

battery, altenator and coil.

I have disconected the alarm sensor on the hood it was broken.

anybody have any ideas of what to try before I send it to the dealer.

Thanks
JAN

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had the problem on my 88T. Mine was several problems. First, the rubber covers on the door switches were torn off which didn't push the switch all the way to the open position when the doors were closed. Second, the plastic plugs on the brake and clutch pedals got brittle and fell out, which among other things left the brake lights on all night. Somewhere during all this I was driving to Florida in a heavy rain and my horn started honking. I pulled in to a rest area and pulled the horn fuse (it was a real gully washer). That evening at the motel I stopped at the motel door and looked back and found my headlights on. The switch was off so I pulled the fuses for the headlights. Next day put the headlight fuses back in and went on down the road. When I arrived at a dry spot, I checked through and found a bad relay for the alarm system, which I pulled out. I then replaced the horn and headlight fuses again.
Bet it was funny watching a white Z going down the road with the lights flashing, the horn honking, and the light covers going up and down, though with the heavy rain and the spray kicked up by all the semis I doubt anybody saw me the entire distance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.