ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '81 na and I have been having problems the last few days with my electrical. I have replaced the battery, which I ran down a few times and wouldn't hold a charge anymore. My voltage gauge was climbing well past 19v when the engine was revved so I swapped in the alternator from my turbo. The gauge has since stabalized but I am still having problems. I have no Aux on my ignition switch now, the car just shuts off and the clock and my stereo settings reset like the battery was disconnected. Is there a fuse for full time power that may have blown? Any other thoughts what may be wrong?
Thanks for any input.
-C.Wade

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Check fuse box for 'Common' fuse. May be the same one as for the lighter. Wouldn't hurt to double check the fusible links and replace them if they look the slightest bit worn. Also would be good to replace any fuse on any circuit that is giving any intermittant problems. Fuse elements can crack and give you fits. Look good unless you look at them with a magnifier or jewelers loop. Might even test ok with a meter. But tiny crack will open up or not carry sufficient current. Same thing with fusible links. Might only be held together by one strand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.