ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

electrical mess

259 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dougdenada 
#1 ·
So I chnged my starter cuz I was push stating my car everywhere. Now it starts but my tail lights and dashlights, turnsignals headlight motors don't work. What is up please help. I can't spend to much more on my ride.

#3 ·
sounds like a fuse. check the fuses. thre is one fuse that controls all that.

#4 ·
Welll guess what I found there is a black ground whith mounting bracket think just hanging by the alternator and a black with yekkow striped on back by the starter coming from the top up by the battery where would this one go? Not"on the starter right its grounded by the mounting bolts. Is this why I have no dashboards or brakelights? And coulit be that that other ground judst came undon from the alternator. Somebody please help with a nice long answer. It's 115 degreed out side and I have fix this myself.
Thanx you guys
Doug

#5 ·
Anyone out there? Hello... How often dowes the ground just come off of an alternator like that. I have to remove it just to attach the ground again or do I? Like I said now dash brake or itereior lights. Yellow and black wire hanging from the wiring TO the starter?

#6 ·
Please learn better grammar and check for spelling errors after you type posts. If there is a ground that is not connected then yes, that could cause things not to work correctly. Make sure that it is in fact a ground wire and hook it up to a ground. Later.

#7 ·
Thanx for the English and grammar lesson. I tend to type fast and post while covered in grease and oil. Hope that didn't ruin your day but you got my point.
The wire is yellow with brown stipes not black as I mentioned earlier. That was shrink wraping. Also what would the brown wire be in with the wiring for the alternator? that's hanging as well. There are only two wires in the plug to the alternator correct?
Thanx (The spelling bee loser)
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.