ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in a 79 280zx:

the fusible link on the passenger fender wall under the hood by the battery has been rewired by the previous owner and is now running off the battery itself. i recently put an 81 block with a p90A head, 3 into 2 headers, and all kinds off parts into my 79. i got 2 amps (1 for the highs and mids and 1 for the bass woofer) and all i hear is engine whining and the brake pedal and the blinkers through the speakers. its pissing me off. i wired it correctly.

i disconnected the fusible link from the battery and the noise went away. I need somebody to email me a wiring diagram or a link to some diagrams. i really need to fix this because i spent the last 2 weeks working to get my car nice and i want to drive it now. a z is not meant to sit for that long ya know.

david karey
prez www.socalz.org

· Registered
4,289 Posts
Is the Capacitor hooked up on the Alternator?

Is the Ground wire hooked up on the Alternator?

Is the Capacitor hooked up on the Ignition Coil?

Are you using "Resistor" type Ignition Wires or "Resistor" type Spark Plugs?

The wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual # 28014 are accurate but the FSM is better.

More info on the charging system can be found at:

http://zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=228418&t=228418

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

· Registered
107,597 Posts
yeah, that confused me too, on mine, the wire had broken off of it, and i replaced it from my spare alternator,,,,,but no difference.....i mean i had no problem before, just replaced it because i could see that it was broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.