ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, IVE GOT A 280ZX AND IM SWAPPING THE FUEL INJECTION OVER TO CARBS, IVE GOT THE MANIFOLD OFF AND IM TRYING TO TAKE OFF THE LOOM BUT THERE IS SOME WIRING THAT GOES ACROSS THE FIREWALL AND GOES INTO THE FUSEABLE LINKS. I WAS TOLD THAT THE ECU ONLY CONTROLS THE FUEL INJ AND THE FUEL PUMP BUT I CARNT WORK OUT FROM THE WIRING DIAGRAM IF IT CONTROLS ANYTHING ELSE. IVE ALSO GOT AIR CON AND CRUISE CONTROL (IF THAT MAKES A DIFFRENCE ?).
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME
THANKS IN ADVANCE ANDY

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That would be the positive lead for the injectors, etc. The control unit switches ground through the dropping resistors.
Enno
P.s.: But why would anybody go to carbs???
The only problems with injection is maintenance i.e. keeping the electrical connections clean and dry. That's it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like it is too late for an "electrical genius" if you have already removed fuel injection for replacement with carbs.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
electrical genius needed... Not me!

Hi Andy280.
This spring of 01 I put a zx engine into a 240. I run this with carbs. You are going to have some problems with the waterjackets and the cylinder head exhaust ports from a 280 as its set for fuel injection exhaust manifolds and FI headers and not for carbs. You will also want to not use the 280 fuel pump as for a carb setup its volume is just a tad too much. My suggestion is for you to get a 70 - 73 Intake manifold and all existing plumbming for round top SU's. There really is a wealth of information on how to do this conversion here at zcar in the 'archives' and at other various Z car web sites. The IZZC is one.... internet Z Car Club at www,Zhome. Anyway don't get too excited as your capital letters indicate to all that you really must be in a panic. Remember its just nuts and bolts, and if you got past HighSchool than really this conversion should not be difficult for you. Goodluck. If you should get stuck email me. I may not answer directly or right away even but in a few days or so you;d hear from me. HappyTrails. shane-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.