Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have a problem with my '78 Datsun 280z, electrical that is. My electrical system has some sort of drain or something that slowly drains the battery. Even when the car is off, so, if i leave it over night, i come out the next morning and it is dead.

I have found where it is draining from, those "fuseable link pods" or whatever they might be... I made a bridge that i have in my car and i have to connect it each time i start my car. I unplug it when i park.

Do you guys have any idea what could be up with this? If you do, i would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me.

Brendan

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Yo Branflake.
Funny name. Ahem..... Okay my 02 are to check the 2 black or 2 red/black wires coming out of your ignition switch and see just what they are conected to. If connected to a white/red wire then this could be the annoying problem. 2nd you may want to purchase a new ignition relay...it goes above and near your passengers side fuse box and the screw at top left is a pain to get out and reinstall and if doing the ignition relay you'd probably also want a new ignition switch behind your key ignition. Goodluck. Have fun! shane-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.