ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
107,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size is that electric fan kit from MSA? i found one at discount auto parts,,,16" fan for $60,,,,a far cry from MSA. also they had some transmission oil coolers cheap,,,could i use one of those for a motor oil cooler?

· Registered
1,989 Posts
don't get me wrong, size does matter, but what really matters when considering a fan is what the cfm output is. Black magic has a 16 inch fan that puts out 2900 CFM. Thats a lot of air...and does it with less power drain than most of the lesser fans. Don't know the part number off hand, but i'm pretty sure you can find it in either a jegs or summit catalog. this fan is also skinny enough to use (atleast in my 280zxt.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
twin 10"

That's what I run, as the combines CFM is pretty good, and I have them staged to come on at different temperatures now (second controller...)
I had little luck with a single, besides the fact that IF it FAILS, you are SOL in stop -n-go. At least with a dual fan setup, you can limp along for a long while.
Nobody ever mentions that...

· Registered
5,837 Posts
Re: twin 10"

I think MSA has the 14" fan kit which, by the way can be found for alot less dough elsewhere. It should fit nicely inside your fan shroud if used as a puller fan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.