ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for an electric fan and im not sure what I should get, I know I can use a maxima fan but I dont know if this would be better or worse than buying some other pusher or puller fan. Also which is better to use on a stock z31 radiater pusher or puller?

Also What CFM range should I be looking for?

Post Edited (Apr 1, 6:28pm)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Words of advice:

1. Unless you have, or, are willing to purchase a new radiator you WILL overheat. The OEM radiator is about clogged by now (regardless of maintenance regimens), and, with anything less than full air-flow over the entire core, it WILL overheat.

2. Cover at least 70% of the core. One of the fan manufacturers recommends 72% (I don't recall which one). A combination of a 16" and a 10" will accomplish this.

3. No less than 1600 CFM.

4. Use a thermostat to control the switch or you'll forget to turn it on and fry your engine.

A set-up like this will work with a new radiator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Edited (Apr 3, 4:25pm)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
johnzboy
long time no see, what are these dual fans off of??? and where did you use the thermostat, is it in the bottom of Radiator or where did you mount it??
thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have no problem with my single fan,but you will want to replace that radiator,i have run the car in the dead of summer in traffic at 100 degrees

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankfully enough, the guy had replaced the radiator 6 months before I bought the car from him. Anyone using the maxima electric fan?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not me... But, many have. They work fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author: th2thmansZ
Date: Apr 1, 10:52pm
Asked:

johnzboy
long time no see, what are these dual fans off of??? Off the shelf at AutoZone and where did you use the thermostat, is it in the bottom of Radiator or where did you mount it?? I just positioned the probe against the bottom edge of the upper tank (touching). When the temp gauge on the dash hit the desired level, I adjusted the thermostat to kick on the fans.
thanks You're welcome

·
Registered
335 Posts
I use my stock radiator with the two electric fans (radiator and a/c) out of a 93' integra and I've never once had an overheating problem. Mine are wired off a relay and turns on when I turn the key. Cheap but effective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.