Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
who is running an electric fan??? I need advice on one, I know most will say stick with the fan clutch but I need the room, the fan and shroud must go.
I was looking at the motorsport electric fan with sensor kit and unless I didn't read it right it didn't say anything about Z31's, it was for older Z's(240's)
where can I get one???and how do you like it if you have one of those.
thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Whats goin on?? I used this fan with the old radiator setup also, it came from a Honda Accord! It has worked fine for me, plus it is a OEM honda part, It should last along time.

I DO recomend the electric fan, not much of a power adder, it just allowed a little more space up front for things. My Stand Alone turns the fan on/off. You could use a switch, ( I dont recommend it though as you WILL forget to turn it on!!!) They do sell a thermo switch. You can get them online, or at an auto parts store. These switches are cheap, and the best bet for you. Zya

Post Edited (Mar 21, 5:07pm)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice set up, but I din't have the upright radiator, wish I did :)
I really like the motorsport set up!!!
I don't want a switch, I would forget my head somewhere if it wasn't attached :) so for sure I'd burn up my motor!!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
www.thespecshop.com

bolts in, in about 45 minutes, and that was with time taken to rig a toggle switch. Hybrid is right though, for the first week you might forget to turn it on. I forgot only like 3 times and it was only for a couple minutes of driving and the temp never went past the mid level. Now im use to it and I remember to turn it on.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Pretty easy. You have to buy the right radiator. Afco racing is where mine came from. Johnzboy has the same setup, and I believe it works great for him to. If you look through my album, you will see the shroud, and air foil I needed to direct air flow at high speeds. Z-ya

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
forget about it, no way I would remember the switch, I need a sensor to be turned on/off by itself, seriously I would burn my car up!!! I can't remember sh*t :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.