ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking buy some new springs and I'm being quoted priced from $199 to $300 for Eibachs. Before I buy the $199 Eibachs, does Eibach sell different models with varying spring rates? by the way the $199 quoted price is from RD Enterprise, El Cajon, CA

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I'm looking buy some new springs and I'm
> being quoted priced from $199 to $300 for
> Eibachs. Before I buy the $199 Eibachs, does
> Eibach sell different models with varying
> spring rates? by the way the $199 quoted
> price is from RD Enterprise, El Cajon, CA
Sorry, but Eibach makes only one type of springs for the early cars(top pressure is 183 lbs in front and 200lbs in the rear on progressive rate coils). Everybody else also sells only one particular set for the early cars, the only difference being name. Reasons for this is that without having camber adjustment bushings, you can't go too low or severe tire wear on the inside edge becomes a problem. Too much stiffness
causes the susp. bushings to fail even quicker. Try a set of poly bushings from Energy Suspension and you will gain much of the stiffness that you want without having bad ride quality. You will need new bushings anyway for whatever springs you buy. Check out good ol' JC Whitney. They sell Suspension Techniques for $80 per axle. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.