ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my springs today and there are 2 large and 2 small. The old springs are all the same size when i took them off . which springs go where on my car?
thanks alot
matt

·
Registered
529 Posts
Make sure that you have the correct springs for your vehicle. I'm not sure what you mean by 2 large and 2 small springs. Are you refering to length or diameter? Different lengths are OK, but different diameters are not.
I have had springs in a box with the correct part number, however, the springs were the wrong ones. So, make sure that the springs have the correct part number on them. On Eibach's, the part number is followed by an F or an R referring to front and rear.
Good Luck!!!

Ian

> I just recieved my springs today and there
> are 2 large and 2 small. The old springs are
> all the same size when i took them off .
> which springs go where on my car?
> thanks alot
> matt

·
Registered
195 Posts
> thanks alot
> matt

The 280ZX's use the large apring up front, and the smaller spring in the rear. Can't see why it would be any diffrent for a 260.

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

·
Registered
52 Posts
> thanks alot
> matt
Matt,

I just put a set on my 76 280 . If you look at the instructions with the springs,the springs are numbered. The spring that has the 001 on it is for the front and 002 is for the rear. The shorter springs go in the front. Yes they are much shorter than the rear springs. My car dropped at least about a 1.50 and the handling is great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.