ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this problem a few months ago with no positive results...I have a 72 z that I installed Eibachs and Tokikco struts on ... the car does not sit level, and more importantly, the top 5 or 6 coils on the rear spring are stacked on top of each other. I emailed Eibach and they said this was normal as the spring was designed to have 'dead' coils. If this is true, then why don't the front springs have the same 'dead' coils? Does anyone out there have an early z with the same springs with the same problem?...help please!

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
You say; the top 5 or 6 coils on the rear spring are stacked: So how about the other rear spring - is it the same with 5 or 6 dead coils?

Also even with stock springs which are longer there are only 3 or 4 dead coils, on my H&R springs there are only 2 and my tokicos only have 2 as well -- 5 or 6 sounds like too many.

When you say level you mean front to rear or side to side. Obviously you want it level side to side, but performance springs usually make the front a little lower than the rear and other brands make the rear lower than the front. Seems like most of the eibach equiped cars I've seen have been lower in the rear. Regardless it shouldn't be drastic.

Make sure your springs are all firmly seated in the spring perches, they are indexed where the pigtails fit into the perches top and bottom, having one sitting up on the perch can add almost an 1" in lift.

Matt

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Did you check to see which pair was the front and the rear springs? I swapped it backward once and rear sat down really low to the ground

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.