ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,,,Just pulled off the vacuum hose to the EGR valve on my 83280zx and found that someone has blocked it with a screw and then put the vacuum hose over it preventing the EGR valve from operating..Does this matter and what will it do to my milage and power???Another question.....Just put a new Alternator in and sometimes at idle the voltage on the gauge drops from14.5 back to 14 and the rpm needle jumps up and down a little and if I have my indicator on it flashes slightly faster than normal...The whole thing goes away when you increase the revs...Could this be the belt not tight enough???Thanks for the help...
Matt

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had the same problem with egr when I asked!! haha.. anyways, what I got from people is that it won't hurt anything not having an egr, mabee milage a bit (O2 sensor does'nt tell the engine to give as much fuel) but other than that, no biggie. Some seem to think that it may help performance, but who knows, the difference would probably be too slight to tell, unless the thing was faulty on ya before, stuck open or someting. As long as you don't have a vaccume leak (that really wreaks havoc on these things) you should be fine.

Dylan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.