Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Z-Gods,
I plan on increasing the boost on my 81Turbo. I know how to increase my boost and the intercooler stuff. My question is with the EGR pipe that goes between the intake and the downpipe. Should I block this off??? Is this a release system for excess boost or what? Just questioning of whether or not I can remove it since the thing is leaking anyways. All help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
From a performance stand point this pipe means nothing. Truly, the effect of the small amount of gas being passed back into manifold will slightly increase charge temp, and will lower performance. But is the amount noticeable? I would say nay. Not unless you have a VERY trick system. My personal advise, if you really want to bypass the emission stuff from you system. Go to a junk yard and get a N42 intake manifold. This has no EGR and clean big runners. This is the manifold I am running on my turbo project. That empty whole that will be left in your down pipe can be plugged with a temp sensor. Ultimately you can stick a bolt into the EGR pipe from the downpipe, remove the EGR valve on top of the manifold, stick a flat piece of metal over the whole with the blot wholes drilled, then tighten it down. If you want performance, get the N42 manifold, a G1 300ZX TB and be done. :p But that is just what I did...You will get lots of opinions, but this one worked for me.

Good Luck

Bean Bandit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.