ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which performs better? My fuel injection is becoming a hassle to keep up with and was thinking about swapping to a carb set up. Whether it be SU's or a 4-barrel, I don't know. Tripples are to expensive and out of the picture. Let me know your experiences, set ups, and performance.

thankz
chadzx

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would go with EFI. But that is a real debate. for the cost of the 900 dollars to swap to carb, you can buy a aftermarket fuel managment system for you car. Honestly it barrels down to understanding and effort. As for 4 carrel, i would not touch it with a 20 foot pole. Too hard to tune, and the carb usually feeds too much gas for the center cylinders and not enough to the far ones. could be a reason why they used dual carbs on the straight six.

-Emir

·
Registered
409 Posts
You might be able to find a good deal of Tripple Carb in Ebay much better than the 4 barrel. Equally distributes fuel in every cylinder and has the Deep sound when it on Full trottle..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: efi vs. carbs EFI !!!!!

This really ought to be a FAQ... No way can ANY carb equal a well-tuned EFI setup.

Just ask yourself how many hi-po commercially sold cars come with carbs these days?

Check with the ZTherapy site, the SU folks.... At one time, Scott was looking to create a BOSH EFI video, kinda like his "just SU's" video. He talked it up pretty big, so I assume he made it.

Also.. do a web search on "fuel injection" or BOSCH... IIRC, there was a web site someone made that went into all the nitty gritty of EFI. Something like "This is the page that Bosch doesn't like you to see..." or something like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.