ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i had a socketed 91 5spd tt ecu with no eprom chip could i put an n/a ashspec or jtw chip in and have it run right? the eprom chip is what holds the info for shift points and all that right? so the TT ecu without a chip is the same as the n/a ecu without a chip?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Nope. Different ECU's.

·
Registered
673 Posts
ask ash if you could send him the TT ecu as a core and have him send you back a setup for your NA.... if the reason ur asking is so there is no down time for ur car.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
You could be waiting longer if you dont do it correctly. I guess you dont have another DD?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i do but i will be doing this in the summer, don't have the money right now. Haveing my Z down for a week or two (i live in canada) is not cool with me at all!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Where did you get an ECU, that's socketed, but has no chip? No ECU will run without the ROM chip installed. Are you sure the TT ECU is in good working order?

Is your car an Auto or a manual? That's where the differences really comes in. You can put an NA chip into a TT ECU with no problems. You can also put an Auto ECU into a manual car with no problems. If you put an Auto chip into a manual ECU with an Auto installed, you will throw a code 54 and the auto trans will shift a little strange. Just remember that the 90 to 93 TT Auto ECU is the "universal" 8 bit ECU that will work in all but the 96 applications as long as it has the correct ROM program in the chip for the application you're using it for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.