ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have an interesting problem. I have a 240sx with a 84 vg30et swap. I'm still working on it right now. I drove it around the block last saturday and it ran great. this wednesday i went out to crank it up and its not getting any spark at the coil. The coil is getting power but its not sparking. So i figured i'd check the ecu codes but the ecu diag leds are not lighting up. probing the wires i found the constant 12v is there but the ignitions voltage is not. all the connections seem great. i was wondering if you guys can give me any ideas of what to check. My friend seems to think it could be the ignition switch. Anything would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll check that out, but like i said the ecu is missing its acc power for some reason. i have my 12 volt constant. but the acc 12 volt isn't there i can't pull trouble codes or anything.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is constant 12v to the ecu. i looked in my haynes manual there should be a 12v coming from the ignitions switch probing that wire there is no power. I'm assuming the ecu isn't powering up because the diagnostic leds are not lighting up. the car turns over but there is no spark or injector pulse.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Its probably the ecu not the wiring..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man is that possible? i shut the car off the turbo timer lets it idle for 30 seconds after i turn it off. it was fine. wednesday it wouldn't start up. i keep the battery unhooked so it doesn't drain... man that would be terrible. but still doesn't explain the missing voltage from the ignition switch.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have interesting news on my car. It would not start for 2 weeks went out today being a smart a$$ with a half dead battery i bumped it over a few times and it started right up like nothing was wrong. ran a little rough for a few minutes but it straightened right out. anybody have any ideas because i'm clueless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.