ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before ANYONE flames me for such a simple question, could anyone please post a pic of the -EXACT- location of the ECU. I know it is on the passenger side interior, but so far I have only found the built-in amp and car alarm. Please, could someone snap a pic and post it please? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
passenger kick panel....in front of the passenger door/under the glove box on the right side.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been there... I found a metal box with the Nissan logo on it. Is that it? It is in there sideways flat against the right side. Little LED on the side with a test switch. Messures about 12" by 8"... Not sure. Sounds like the ECU? How can I tell if it is the stock ECU or an aftermarket one like JWT? I need to know because I am finding alot of mods on this Z that I didn't know where there before. Don't want to waste money on stuff that is already done. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yes thats the ECU...I hear the JWT computer mod isnt worth it unless yer running big HP numbers. if you arnt sure you can always email the company and ask what they do to it as far as identifying their work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I don't really want the JWT ECU, but alot of ppl have it, so I just need to make sure I don't. Do most ECUs ship in that metal case? Or do they screw into the old one?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
uh...I dunno...anyone got it from here? lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
There should be 2 white stickers with the all the fuel and timing specs for the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.