ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if using a TT or NA ECU would make a difference for the fuel pump? I was told it could be a possible problem. Using a TT ECU, NA fuel pump control module and TT fuel pump vs. a NA ECU, NA fuel pump control module and TT fuel pump.

Does anyone know if the TT ECU would cause conflict with the NA control module?

I am trying to cancel all possible problems as to why my fuel pump is doing a constant loud humming noise.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i think you can use th TT pump in the NA without any problems, but the I don't think the TT ECU will run an NA properly without being remapped for smaller injectors. . .just my .02

. . .and my 1,000th post!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if there was any confusion Haulnazz15. This is a NA>TT converted Z. So its TT motor, TT tranny, NA fuel pump control module, TT fuel pump.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
NA>TT FAQ fuel pump ecu modual control

you only need the TT pump, the control modual or tt ecu(not referring to socketed ECU, only OEM tt ecus) wont do you any good, the NA body wiring harness does not have the nessesary wiring for the tt ecu to control the dual speed aspect of the TT fuel pump. therefore you dont need the TT control modual to control the dual speed TT pump. by just running a TT pump you will get increased flow over the NA pump.

so for those of you converting, you only need, and the only thing that will do you any good, is the TT fuel pump.

The TT fuel pump control modual and TT ecu will do you no good.(note you still need an ecu which is remapped for TT, so a socketed NA ecu will do just fine, or a stock TT ecu)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the question I have though. Will the Stock TT ECU throw any kind of problems running the NA control module or TT fuel pump. I know using the TT fuel pump control module would be worthless. I'm just curious if by using a TT ECU, it could cause any problems controlling a NA fuel pump control module.

This is all because my TT fuel pump is humming extremely loud with the car on. Even when the key is just to on, its activating noise is very loud as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.