ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastbay300zx and others help rise up against the tyrrany aka smog testing!

273 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  materchan 
#1 ·
Eastbay300zx i heard that you regestered your car in a county that doesnt have smog testing, i have an uncle that has a place in the mountians in a county that doesnt have to be smogged. if i want to regester my car in this county will i have to sell the title to my uncle? do all the regrestration papers get mailed to that address. currently my car is registered under my dad and my uncle that im talking abuot is on my dads side, will that change anything? i just dont want to get rid of my baby that i've put so much time into if i want to have a faster car. anyone chime in that can help and togther we will vanquish the evil smog law.

Post Edited (Oct 3, 1:23pm)

#2 ·
Re: Eastbay300zx and others help rise up against the tyrrany aka

doubt you'll find him on this board as he owns a 300zx and is usually in the 84-89 forum. He does come by sometimes but don't be surprised if he doesn't see this. Try posting in the 80's forum

#3 ·

no you do not have to transfer title over to your uncle. it would be no different if you were a roomamte with him at that address and using that address for your cars registration.

you just go to dmv (in the area where you are registering it at your uncles and do a change of address). if the registration is due at time of transfering the address they should tell you it doesnt require a smog.

some dmv's are on to this trick though and might question if you actually will live there etc., but since its your uncle it shouldnt be a problem.

#4 ·

so it wont be wierd to see that my dad has all of our other cars down here then to have one registered out in the hills? thanks for the help, this actually may be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.